A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller and crime, fiction and non-fiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.

I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

A to Zed Challenge II

I don't officially participate in this challenge now. But every year I like to play along and see how I do without actually trying to get all the letters, I just fill them in as I go along. Last year I came away with 4 missing authors (Q, U, X, Z) and 3 missing titles (X, Y, Z).

This year I've crept a little closer to the finish line with 3 missing authors (Q, X, Z) and 2 missing titles (Q, X). I'm reading a lot more manga now so hopefully next year I'll find some Asian authors to get me those troublesome Q, X and Z!


A ~ Kate Atkinson (When Will There Be Good News?)
B ~ Dale E. Basye (Heck: Where the Bad Kids Go)
C ~ Charlotte Chandler (She Always Knew How: Mae West, A Personal Biography)
D ~ Kate DiCamillo (The Tale of Despereaux)
E ~ Julie Andrews Edwards (The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles)
F ~ Jamie Ford (Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet)
G ~ David Grann (The Lost City of Z)
H ~ Shannon & David Hale (Rapunzel's Revenge)
I ~ Daisuke Igarashi (Children of the Sea Vol. 1)
J ~ Carol A. Johmann (The Lewis & Clark Expedition)
K ~ e. l. konigsburg (The Mysterious Edge of the Heroic World)
L ~ Yiyun Li (The Vagrants)
M ~ Owen Matthews (Stalin's Children)
N ~ Jo Nesbo (Nemesis)
O ~ Jim Ottaviani (T-Minus: The Race to the Moon)
P ~ Caro Peacock (A Dangerous Affair)
Q ~
R ~ Kathy Reichs (Devil Bones)
S ~ Robert Louis Stevenson (A Child's Garden of Verses)
T ~ Ann Tompert (Saint Patrick)
U ~ Lisa Unger (Die For You)
V ~ Fred Vargas (The Chalk Circle Man)
W ~ N.D. Wilson (100 Cupboards)
X ~
Y ~ Laurence Yep (Later, Gator)
Z ~


A ~ American Rust by Philipp Meyer
B ~ Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner
C ~ Coming Home (The Amazing Spider-Man) by J. Michael Straczynski
D ~ The Doll People by Ann M. Martin & Laura Godwin
E ~ Eagle Mask: A West Coast Indian Tale by James Houston
F ~ Fifty Famous Stories Retold by James Baldwin
G ~ The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
H ~ Here's the Story by Maureen McCormick
I ~ If You Lived with the Hopi by Anne Kamma
J ~ Jed Smith: Trailblazer of the West by Frank Latham
K ~ King Lear by Shakespeare (English translation)
L ~ Louis Riel: A Comic-Strip Biography by Chester Brown
M ~ The Meanest Doll in the World by Ann M. Martin & Laura Godwin
N ~ The New Americans: Colonial Times, 1620-1689 by Betsy & Giulio Maestro
O ~ Otherwise by Farley Mowat
P ~ Pieces of my Heart by Robert J. Wagner
Q ~
R ~ The Runaway Dolls by Ann M. Martin & Laura Godwin
S ~ The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
T ~ Those Left Behind by Joss Whedon
U ~ Until the Stars Turn Cold by J. Michael Straczynski
V ~ The Valentine Cat by Clyde Robert Bulla
W ~ Wolves in the Wall by Neil Gaiman
Y ~ Your Heart Belongs to Me by Dean Koontz
Z ~ Zamora's Ultimate Challenge by M.K. Scott