Top 5 Most Popular Reviews in July

The most popular reviews on this site for the month of July are a mixed bag and not much of a surprise for me.  These are the reviews that readers visited the most often.  Out of the top 5, three are returning from last month. And this time, all except one were written very recently.

The Top 5 Most Popular Reviews in July

in reverse order



5. White Shanghai by Elvira Baryakina
5. Precocia, The 6th Circle of Heck by Dale E. Basye

We have a tie for 5th place! And there couldn't be two different books to tie with each other.  New to the top five is a sweeping epic family drama of the beginnings of Communism is Russia and China.  An excellent read!  And down one spot from #4 last month is the hilarious sixth book in the Heck series for middle graders

4. Miracle Hour: A Method of Prayer That Will Change Your Life by Linda Schubert

Making its debut at #4 is the only surprise for me this month.  This little booklet, over twenty years old, was new to me and I found it very inspiring and useful.  I guess a lot of people already knew about it because it was receiving traffic on all the sites I post to right from the start!

3. Consuming the Word: The New Testament and the Eucharist in the Early Church by Scott Hahn

Moving down one spot from two last month is Dr. Hahn's excellent and much awaited latest new book.

2. Tomato Red by Daniel Woodrell

Making its debut on the Top 5 list at #2 is Woodrell's 1998 Ozark classic.  Woodrell was a new author to me last year and whenever a review one of his books, they are popular with my readers so this is no surprise that this new review showed up on this month's Top 5 list.  Woodrell has a new book coming out this fall!  Did you know that?!  His first since 2006's Winter's Bone.

1. Whirlpool by Eileen Enwright Hodgetts

For the second month in a row, this obscure historical romance, I reviewed in Oct. 2012 has come out as my most popular review of the month.  I can't figure out why, unless it's just because of the summer connection with travelers researching The Falls and ending up here, since that is where it is set.

Comments

Popular Posts