A to Zed Challenge IV (2011) - FINISHED

This is my fourth year in the challenge and the first time I have actually COMPLETED it!  Yeah!!

I read so many books each year that I do not actively search out books to fill in the letters; I let each book naturally fill in a spot as I read through the year and for the first three years I have come progressively closer and closer to the finish line until this 4th year I ended up with just the 2 X's left in October.  Since I was so close to year end and had never filled in an 'X' to date, I decided this time to actively search out books to fill in the remaining to slots so that I could finally complete the challenge.  Click on my 'X' books to read how each was chosen. 

What I'm going to do for 2012 is pick out two 'X' books in January but will keep them on hold until the final quarter of the year.  This way I can pick good books I want to read.  But I am still going to follow my usual rule of not actively searching out books to fill in the letters, so I will only read the chosen 'X' books, if I find myself in the same situation as this year (needing them to complete the challenge).  If you have any 'X' authors or title recommendations feel free to leave a suggestion in the comments.  Note that I have read all the X-Files novels and am not interested in reading any X-Men books at this time.

My completed list:

Started Jan 1, 2011

AUTHORS - FINISHED

A ~ Arnason, Kathleen (Falcon's Gold)
B ~ Ba, Gabriel & Moon, Fabio (Daytripper)
C ~ Chantler, Scott (Two Generals)
D ~ Dokey, Cameron (Winter's Child)
E ~ Edginton, Ian (A Study in Scarlet)
F ~ Finney, Patricia (Assassin: The Lady Grace Mysteries #1)
G ~ Gunderson, J. (Fire in the Sky)
H ~ Hoena, Blake A. (Superman: Cosmic Bounty Hunter)
I ~ Igarashi, Daisuke (Children of the Sea, Vol. 4)
J ~ Jerome, Kate Boehm (Who Was Amelia Earhart?)
K ~ King, Stephen (The Stand)
L ~ Lemke, Donald (Batman: Mad Hatter's Movie Madness)
M ~ Mina, Denise (A Sickness in the Family)
N ~ Nickel, Scott (The Incredible Rockhead vs. Papercut)
O ~ O'Reilly, Sean (New Monster in School)
P ~ Pennypacker, Sara (Stuart Goes to School)
Q ~ Quella-Guyot, Didier (Agatha Christie's Peril at End House Graphic Novel)
R ~ Roman, Dave (The Last Airbender Prequel: Zuko's Story)
S ~ Schweizer, Chris (Crogan's March)
T ~ Torres, J. (Lola, A Ghost Story)
U ~ Usamaru Furuya (Genkaku Picasso, Vol. 1)
V ~ Vanderpool, Clare (Moon Over Manifest)
W ~ Willingham, Bill (Jack of Fables: The New Adventures of Jack and Jack)
X ~ X.J. Kennedy (Exploding Gravy: Poems to Make You Laugh)
Y ~ Young, C. Coco De (A Letter to Mrs. Roosevelt)
Z ~ Zuckoff, Mitchell (Lost in Shangri-La)

TITLES  FINISHED

A ~ Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish
B ~ Birth of a Killer by Darren Shan
C ~ Children of the Dust Bowl by Jerry Stanley
D ~ The Dynamic World of Chemical Reactions by Agnieszka Biskup
E ~ Emmett's Pig by by Mary Stolz
F ~ Fire in the Sky by J. Gunderson
G ~ Grasshopper on the Road by Arnold Lobel
H ~ How Do Apples Grow? by Betsy & Giulio Maestro
I ~ Incorruptible, Vol. 2 by Mark Waid
J ~ Jimmy on Ice by Adam Beechen
K ~ The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry
L ~ Luna Park by Kevin Baker
M ~ MOAH: Juvenile Remix, Vol. 3 by Megumi Osuga
N ~ Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 1 by Hiroshi Shiibashi
O ~ The Odyssey: Homer by Tim Mucci
P ~ Plenty Of Fish by Millicent Selsam
Q ~ Quest for the Spark, Book One by Tom Sniegoski
R ~ Rescue in the Bermuda Triangle by Marc Tyler Nobleman
S ~ Saints in Limbo by River Jordan
T ~ Toy Story: The Mywsterious Stranger by Dan Jolley
U ~ Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
V ~ Vermonia #4: The Rukan Prophecy by Yoyo
W ~ The Whirlwind World of Hurricanes by Katherine Krohn
X ~ The X'ed-Out X-Ray by Ron Roy
Y ~ Yummy: The Last Days of a Southside Shorty by G. Neri
Z ~ The Zabime Sisters by Aristophane

Comments

  1. Piers Anthony: Xone of Contention (playful fantasy-maybe be sci-fi, on the long side, full of puns, better when read as part of a series but okay by itself). I think he has another x title

    Orson Scott Card: Xenocide (sci-fi, best read as part of the series, also on the long side)

    I read Xone for x this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

    I've read Xenocide but not the other.

    I stopped reading the Xanth series just a few books before that one! So maybe I can get caught up again. I used to love them so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts