60. Bite Me by Christopher Moore

Bite Me by Christopher Moore (US) - (Canada)
A Love Story, Book 3

Pages: 309 pages
Ages: 18+
Finished: Mar. 31, 2010
First Published: Mar. 23, 2010
Publisher: William Morrow
Genre: humour, vampires
Rating: 4/5

First sentence:

The City of San Francisco is being stalked by a huge, shaved vampyre cat named Chet, and only I, Abby Normal, emergency backup mistress of the Greater Bay area night, and my manga-haired love monkey, Foo Dog, stand between the ravenous monster and a bloody massacre of the general public.


Acquired: Received a review copy from Harper Collins Canada.

Reason for Reading: Next in the series and I read every new book Moore publishes.

Summary: The first sentence pretty much covers the plot.

Comments: Christopher Moore manages to bring back everybody (that isn't really dead) from the previous books, adding a new character, and inserting a couple of characters from previous books for extra measure. Abby, Foo Dog and Jared have much bigger parts this time around leaving some of my favourite characters from the previous books with much lesser page time. The Animals don't even go turkey bowling once! That said the story is hugely comical with plenty of typical Moore laugh out loud moments. I love all the characters in this series and really enjoyed the Emperor and the two cops having bigger roles in this book. As to Jody and Tommy, I won't say much but I will say the ending is surprising and I didn't like it very much as someone who really cares about these characters. One thing I love about Moore's books is that he manages to reward his constant readers by bringing in past characters for cameos and this time Lily the Goth girl from A Dirty Job shows up and there is a certain white Rastaman Kona who pilots a ship who has got to be Rastaman Kona from Fluke (especially with the "Bite Me" connection). I love his character! In all, a whole lot of insane hilarity with vampyre cats, an old samurai Japanese guy, and the usual main crowd of eccentric characters. A definite read for Moore fans. If you haven't read the other books in the series I suggest you start at the beginning with Bloodsucking Fiends for the most enjoyment.

Comments

  1. The vampire series is the only one that I haven't loved from Moore. Darn is he a talented writer, though! I loved "Fool" and "A Dirty Job"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby was my favorite character in You Suck...I keep meaning to go back and read Bloodsucking Fiends then move on to Bite me. It's the Completist Bookworm talking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the two other books in this series and am really looking forward to this book as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts