#75. Fluke

Fluke, Or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings by Christopher Moore


Pages: 311
Finished: Sept. 17, 2007
Reason for Reading: I wanted to read another Christopher Moore book and this was the only one available at my library.
First Published: 2003
Genre: humour, science fiction
Rating: 4/5

First Sentence:

Amy called the whale punkin.


Comments: This was a wonderful book! I won't even try to give a plot summary as it starts out weird and just gets weirder and weirder from there. Even though strange, I found the story incredibly compelling; this was a book I couldn't put down. Also very funny, in a Terry Pratchett kind of way. Not as burst-out-laughing funny as A Dirty Job, but still pretty hilarious. This is my second book by Moore and I now must read everything he's written. He's simply brilliant. His characters are so real, even though they are very eccentric and often times out-of-this world (literally) they come across incredibly real and likable. I think I'll go back to the beginning and read his first book next, Practical Demonkeeping.

Comments

  1. This is one of only a couple books by Christopher Moore that I haven't read yet - possibly because I hate being at the point where I've read them all and have to sit around waiting for the next one! I'm glad to hear you liked it - maybe I'll give it a try when I get through all these library books that are looming over in the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, I'm whittling away at my library pile, too.

    I've read some mixed reviews on this one but I think if you enjoy either weird or sci-fi (or both) you'll like this one. I can't wait to read another by him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher Moore is just so funny!! I haven't read Fluke yet, but I do have it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this too, but that one horrible scene won't get out of my head! You know which one I mean! Whenever anyone mentions this book, I picture that scene again. GROSS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts