I finished the First in a Series challenge! I loved this challenge. I got to start some series I've been meaning to read for a while and some of them I've even gone on to the second book. Thanks to Joy for hosting, her challenges are always so much fun. Here's my list of completed books:
12. The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi (Amulet #1)
11. Last Bus to Woodstock by Colin Dexter (Inspector Morse #1)
10. Gunpowder Empire by Harry Turtledove (Crosstime Traffic #1)
9. Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan (The Saga of Darren Shan #1)
8. Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay (Dexter Morgan #1)
7. Birdman by Mo Hayder (Jack Caffrey #1)
6. Naked in Death by J.D. Robb (Eve Dallas #1)
5. A Great Deliverance by Elizabeth George (Lynley & Havers #1)
4. Destiny by Alex Archer (Rogue Angel #1)
3. The Field Guide by Holly Black (Spiderwick Chronicles #1)
2. Beyond the Deepwoods by Paul Stewart (The Edge Chronicles #1)
1. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)
A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Catholic, with Asperger's, who reads as her obsession. These are the ramblings of the books I read or read aloud to my energetic Autistic 12yo.
I love reading almost any book from classics to mysteries to fantasy to manga. I read everything from Christian fiction/non-fiction to dark, paranormal horror novels, go figure. So I'm liable to offend just about everyone with my book choices LOL :-)
I sometimes go through stages of "genre love", I'm addicted to mystery thrillers, Catholic theology, memoirs, 20th century Chinese historical fiction & Victorian fiction and non-fiction, but you'll find I read an even wider variety of books than that, both fiction and non-fiction. I have a teensy fascination with macabre non-fiction books about death and anything about insane asylums.
I also tend to post a lot of reviews of juvenile/teen books, books I read aloud to my son and books he reads aloud to me but I still do a lot of adult reviews as well. I am so addicted to graphic novels and manga that I have a separate BLOG just for those reviews. I read well over 200 books a year, and for the first time ever made it to over 300 last year (2012)! Come join me you never know what new treasure you'll find to read here!
Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods