A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller and crime, fiction and non-fiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.

I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A to Zed Challenge III (End of Year Post)

Only a few more days to go and I don't see me filling in the missing letters at this point so I'm posting my official finishing post (with the right to edit if I do miraculously read a missing letter within the next 3 days).

I don't officially participate in this challenge now. I did the first year but every year since I just like to play along and see how I do without actually trying to get all the letters, (meaning I don't read books just so they will fill in letter on the list), I just fill them in as I go along. This year I did my best ever with a surprise December add of a title beginning with Q!

2008 4 missing authors (Q, U, X, Z) and 3 missing titles (X, Y, Z).
2009 3 missing authors (Q, X, Z) and 2 missing titles (Q, X).
2010 2 missing authors (U, Z) and 1 missing title (X).


A ~ Asada, Hiroyuki (Tegami Bachi Vol. 1: Letter and Letter Bee)
B ~ Beebe, Catherine (Saint John Bosco and the Children's Saint, Dominc Savio)
C ~ Chrisman, Arthur Bowie (Shen of the Sea: Chinese Stories for Children)
D ~ Dekker, Ted (Burn)
E ~ Erskine, Kathryn (mockingbird)
F ~ Fforde, Jasper (Shades of Grey)
G ~ Greenwood, Barbara (The Last Safe House)
H ~ Hale, Shannon and Dean (Calamity Jack)
I ~ Igarashi, Daisuke (Children of the Sea, Vol. 2)
J ~ Jacobson, Alan (Crush)
K ~ Kate, Lauren (The Fallen)
L ~ Latham, Irene (Leaving Gee's Bend)
M ~ Moore, Roger (My Word is My Bond, The Autobiography)
N ~ Narsimhan, Mahtab (The Silver Anklet)
O ~ O'Connor, George (Athena: Grey-Eyed Goddess)
P ~ Peete, Holly Robinson (My Brother Charlie)
Q - Queenie Chan (The Dreaming, The Collection (Vol. 1-3))
R ~ Rogan, S. Jones (The Daring Adventure of Penhaligan Brush)
S ~ Shiraz (Defenders of the Scroll: History, Legend and Lore)
T ~ Taylor, Patrick (An Irish Country Girl)
V ~ Violante, Susan (Innocent War)
W ~ Willingham, Bill (Sons of Empire)
X ~ X. Stork, Francisco (Marcelo in the Real World)
Y ~ Yolen, Jane (Foiled)


A ~ Angel: After then Fall, Volume 1 by Josh Whedon
B ~ Big Max by Kin Platt
C ~ Copper by Kazu Kibuishi
D ~ The Diary of Sophia Macnab written at Dundurn Castle, Hamilton, 1846, Age 13
E ~ Exiles from the War by Jean Little
F ~ The Flying Troutmans by Miriam Toews
G ~ Gone by Lisa McMann
H ~ Helen Keller: A Determined Life by Elizabeth MacLeod
I ~ Irredeemable by Mark Waid
J ~ The Jungle Vampire by David Sinden
K ~ The King's Legacy by Jim Stovall
L ~ The Levee by Malcolm Shuman
M ~ Miss Hargreaves by Frank Baker
N ~ Never Walk Away by Linwood Barclay
O ~ The Odyssey by Gareth Hinds
P ~ Potter's Field by Mark Waid
Q ~ Quest for the Silver Title by Yoyo
R ~ Rome Sweet Rome by Scott & Kimberly Hahn
S ~ Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
T ~ The Texicans by Nina Vida
U ~ The Unsinkable Walker Bean, Vol. 1 by Aaron Reiner
V ~ Vanishing Habitats by Robert Bateman
W ~ War and Pieces by Bill Willingham
X ~
Y ~ You Suck by Christopher Moore
Z ~ Zeus: King of the Gods by George O'Connor