53. You Suck by Christopher Moore

You Suck by Christopher Moore (Canada) - (US)
A Love Story, Book 2

Pages: 328 pages
Ages: 18+
Finished: Mar. 21, 2010
First Published: 2007
Publisher: William Morrow (read 20% online)
Genre: humour
Rating: 4/5

First sentence:

"You b*tch, you killed me! You suck!"


Acquired: Borrowed a copy via Inter-Library Loan.

Reason for Reading: Next in the series and in preparation for the new book that just came out today in the series, "Bite Me".

Summary: This book picks up right where book one, Bloodsucking Fiends, leaves off. Not too much of a plot going on here or maybe small bits of many plots going on. Jody and Tommy are exploring their new relationship. The Animals have all joined together with a blue-dyed Las Vegas hooker who decides to become their leader and wants them to capture Tommy. Tommy has his own minion, a cute goth girl who calls him Lord Flood and Jody, The Countess, and unfortunately Elijah, who was taken care of in book one, has escaped and is out to get them all again.

Comments: Jody and Tommy are such a wonderful vampire couple; they show how it can be done right, with the perfect love match and eternal togetherness and a whole lot of fun! (Bella and Edward go find a coffin!) All the eccentric characters from book one are back with a few new faces: a homeless man and his HUGE shaved cat, Abby Normal the cute Goth girl who thinks vampires are so cool, and Blue the prostitute with blue-dyed skin. The whole book is just a complete riot, one outrageous episode after another that had me laughing out loud. I was very pleased to see Charlie Asher from A Dirty Job show up for a tiny cameo too! I think I have to say I enjoyed this one even more than the first book but the ending did bug me. I'm glad I've read it now when I know another book has been written, I think if I'd read it at the time it was published I would have been quite upset with the ending which just begs for a sequel to be written and three years is a long time to wait for one! Christopher Moore's humour is not for everyone but if you can laugh at yourself as much as others and can take a joke easier than you take offense Moore will be right up your alley. I can't wait to read "Bite Me" now!

Comments

Popular Posts