Book Awards Challenge

This week I finished the Book Awards Challenge. The goal was to read 12 books which have received awards. I wrote a list to start with, then changed it several times but ended up tossing it to the wind and read books as I felt like it.

Here is my completed list of 12 award winning books:

1. The Road by Cormac McCarthy(Pulitzer)
2. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood(Booker)
3. The Giver by Lois Lowry(Newbery)
4. The Echo Maker by Richard Powers(National Book Award)
5. Empire of the Sun by J.G. Ballard(Guardian)
6. The Tin Flute by Gabrielle Roy(Governor General's)
7. A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park(Newbery)
8. Brighty of the Grand Canyon by Marguerite Henry(William Allen White Award)
9. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman(Carnegie Medal)
10. Silverwing by Kenneth Oppel (Mr. Christie's Book Award)
11. Dust by Arthur Slade (Governor General's)
12. True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey (Booker)

The only book I didn't enjoy was The Road. I wasn't very impressed with The Golden Compass either. All the others I really enjoyed, with True History of the Kelly Gang being my favourite of the 12.

This was a fun challenge and I hope to continue making the effort to ensure I read award winners regularly.

Comments

Popular Posts