Into the Water by Paula Hawkins

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I haven't read "Girl on the Train" so can't compare but I found this book to be less than I had expected from it. First, it is written in my favourite style with the pov jumping from person to person throughout the book. I find this device makes reading quick and contributes to the just-one-more-chapter syndrome. However, I did find this to have a slow beginning, taking me a while to get into it and though I had a hard time putting it down I also had a hard time picking it up again. The story was just not that exciting and while I didn't figure out the mystery it all just seemed so ordinary when it came out. I did really like the theme of the swimming pool and it's history of suicidal women and just wished that had been more intense. The book is missing that something special for me. A decent read but not great.


Comments

Popular Posts