The Wolf and Me by Richard Scrimger

The Wolf and Me by Richard Scrimger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 230 pages
Published October 1st 2014 by Orca Book
Source: Local library

Seven: The Sequels


The uniqueness of this series is that it doesn't matter in what order you read them. I chose this for my second book simply because the title caught my attention. I enjoyed this way more than Scrimger's book "Ink Me" from the first series. Again written by Bunny who has learning disabilities so the text is written in his vernacular with phonetic spelling and mistakes. It has the same problem as "Ink Me" in that the pot is incredibly unbelievable. The scenes that happened at the US/Canada border are just not possible. But if one is willing to suspend disbelief it is an action-packed read. Bunny is kidnapped and spends the entire book escaping and getting recaptured repeatedly. It's a fast read that I read in one day. As to its part within the series as a whole, it is minor. The Grandfather becomes an image of mental courage for Bunny but there is no mystery to solve as in the first book I read, "Double You". However, his brother's adventure ("Coda") is referred to repeatedly.



Comments

Popular Posts