Poppet by Mo Hayder

Poppet by Mo Hayder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 378 pages
Published May 14th 2013 by Atlantic Monthly Press
Source: egalley via edelweiss

Jack Caffery (#6)


It has been a while since I read book five in this series but since this one continues the story from the last one, I quickly had all the memories rushing back to me. I love Mo Hayder! I just settled into the pages of this and before I knew it I was half done and next day I'd read the whole thing. Jack Caffery has certainly grown with this series and he and Flea's relationship becomes much more complicated but finally, they admit their feelings even if it is just to themselves. A great thriller, though it wasn't gruesome at all really. I expect that from Hayder, but I still enjoyed this very much. Lots going on from past books and the new case was wonderful; I especially liked that it takes place in a psychiatric ward, always a favourite for me. Not her best book but a speedy chiller and shocking whodunnit. Now on to book 7!



Comments

  1. I like the description of a speedy chiller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nicola, why haven't I started a Mo Hayder yet, sigh. There are just to many for me to keep up with. Book 7, I am forever behind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts