Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani

Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Big Stone Gap (1)

I love southern fiction and this series has been on my tbr for quite some time. Unfortunately, it fell flat for me and did not live up to my expectations. The setting in Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains was delightful but missing were the quirky, lovable characters. The characters were here but were a mere shadow of anything you would find in say a Fanny Flagg. The main character was Italian and basically the plot surrounded her finding out about her heritage. When all was said and done though, the book's main focus is that of a romance. There is a slightly unusual love triangle going on and "boy gets girl" is the main theme. I'm not big on romances, but that being said, this did make for an easy read and did keep my attention enough that I kept reading the whole book. It was well written and though they fell short of my expectations I did enjoy it mildly enough.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts