Movie Break: Empire of the Sun (1987)




Empire of the Sun
(1987) (DVR) (at a friends) (re-watch)

A friend had recorded this and asked me to come over and watch it with.  I saw it on video way back when it first came out and it was one of the first books I ever reviewed on this blog.  Comparing my review of the book to the movie, the movie was not dark at all.  It was touching, sentimental and sad.  We both loved it and found it a great emotional movie to watch.  The only thing I didn't like was that it totally stayed away from even mentioning the atrocities of the Japanese during WWII. (The Asian Holocaust is a major interest of mine).  Christian Bale was magnificent as an eleven year old actor!

Stars: Christian Bale, John Malkovich, Joe Pantoliano, Ben Stiller

Comments

Popular Posts