Sunday Salon: Sept. 23, 2012


I've decided to join the Sunday Salon.  I've been reading and commenting on the posts for years but have never participated myself.  I've decided to join in a few memes and thought this would be a good one.

What happened since last Sunday:  Health crisis.  The previous week I'd had exploratory surgery on my abdomen and they didn't find anything, PTL, but that meant was I was still in excruciating pain. Went back to see surgeon on Thurs. He was pretty confident the surgery ruled out anything serious and that I probably had an ulcer so booked me for a gastroscopy which I had on Friday.  I have a terrible gag reflex, so that was totally not fun, but I was overjoyed when they called out that they had found a "big ulcer".  Yeah!  I know what's wrong with me!  Yeah! It's big!  That explains the unbearable pain.  So I was put on very strong ulcer meds the day before the gastro and now that it is Sun. the pain is starting to diminish.  Prognosis is that the meds will completely heal me.  Thank God!

Other than that I've been in the house, not going anywhere until last night when I finally felt well enough to go out and we ended up at Wal-mart so I could pick up some things on my list and several more things not on my list. ;-P Over $200 later, but with everything I needed and some scrumptious rain boots 50% off, as well as a complete set of Cambridge towels for my bathroom and lots of other goodies. I was happy after this shopping therapy and we headed straight to Sat. eve. Mass which I've missed for two weeks due to health.  So that was very rewarding as well.

Now on to books & blogging:

What I read last week (reviews to come)(links take you to amazon.com):
NovelDead to You by Lisa McMann
Graphic NovelDark Matter, Vol. 1: Rebirth by Joseph Mallozzi
Children's Book: The True Book of Jungles by Illa Podendorf
Short Story: Reason Seven by Barry N. Malzberg
Short Story: Some Kind of Piggery Jokery by Molly Miron
Graphic NovelJudge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 01 by John Wagner
Short Story: O Homo, O Femina, O Tempora by Kate Wilhelm
Graphic NovelHereville 2: How Mirka Met a Meteorite by Barry Deutsch
NovelThe Unwanteds by Lisa McMann
Short Non-Fiction: The Man Who Walks on the Sky by Shane Peacock
Graphic Novel: Judge Dredd: Cry of the Werewolf by John Wagner

What I posted last week (links take you to my reviews/posts)
Manga: Library Wars: Love & War Vol. 8 by Kiiro Yumi
Meme: Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish People You Would Like to Meet 
Manga: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Novel: Criminal by Karin Slaughter
Graphic Novel: Lost Dogs by Jeff Lemire
Manga: Fluffy, Fluffy Cinnamoroll V. 5 (Final Volume)
Graphic Novel: Adventure Classics (Graphic Classics Vol. 12)
Bible: The Gospel according to Matthew


What I plan to read this week (links will take you to amazon.com)

We didn't watch anything on DVD,Netflix or TV this week.  Have plans to next week though.

Comments

  1. Nicola, glad to hear that you found the cause for your pain. Hopefully, the meds will heal the ulcer. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the ulcer diagnosis! That's an easy fix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kay & Joy, It's funny how happy everyone is that I have an ulcer LOL. But the relief I'm not being opened up again and that all will be well soon is enormous!! Watch out for new pics on my weight loss blog soon as I feel up to a photo shoot :-) I've passed my last goal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts