141. Bone: The Great Cow Race by Jeff Smith

The Great Cow Race by Jeff Smith (Canada) - (US)
Bone, Vol. 2

Pages: 132
Ages: 9+
Finished: June 14, 2011
First Published: 1992, 1993 (2005, colourized edition)
Publisher: Scholastic
Genre: children, graphic novel, humour, fantasy
Rating: 5/5


First sentence:

The Spring Fair! Don’t you just love it, Fone Bone?


Acquired: Purchased a new copy from an online retailer

Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

The story continues on from Vol. 1 with everyone arriving at the anticipated spring fair. Phoney Bone and Smiley Bone put their plan into action to scam the townspeople and Gran’ma Ben is ready to take on the cows in the annual cow race. Of course all sorts of shenanigans happen and nothing works out the way it should, well except for Gran’ma Ben. Thorn is having strange dreams about the past and the Rat Creatures are after Phoney Bone but with orders to kill the other two, if necessary. Not a lot to say except I’m loving the story and the characters. Fone Bone is still my favourite and his crush on Thorn is cute, though I haven’t taken to her yet. I much prefer Gran’ma Ben as main female lead at this point. Looking forward to Vol. 3, then I will have to decide whether to buy the next volumes, as well, or start using the library.

Comments

  1. Yay! Glad you enjoyed this one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, loving them! I need to read #4 now, but I haven't decided whether to buy or go to the library (due to cash flow issues). I'm leaning towards buying though, my shopping cart's already filled, because I'm sure my son will love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Bones.Its been on my to read list since a very long time now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts