DNF: Biomega Vol. 2


Biomega, Vol. 2 by Tsutomu Nihei (US) - (Canada)


Pages: 216 pages
Age: 18+
First Published: May 11, 2010
Publisher: VIZ Media
Genre: manga
Rating: DNF

Acquired: Received a review copy from Simon & Schuster Canada.

This book does not have page numbers but I managed to read 3/7 chapters. I was wary going in as I had problems with Vol. 1 but the story was intriguing enough for me to give Vol. 2 a try. Surprisingly enough, I had different problems this time around. After writing my review on Volume one I was contacted by fans of the author and told that he is well-known for his stark, wordless mangas with minimal text, and from that I knew I was probably reading the wrong guy as I like words. So when I started to read Vol. 2 I was surprised at the amount of text. Not as much as normal but way more than in Vol. 1 and this was a level of text and art I could get along with. My problem this time was I got completely lost with the story. I have a very bare bones idea as to the story line but this volume was just getting me more and more muddled. The art is gorgeous though. But I'm just going to have to say that this is not an author for me. But if you are a manga fan who enjoys futuristic stories with lots of zombie violence and motorcycle action, plus enjoys stretches of wordless panels this could be right up your alley!

Comments

Popular Posts