Joining Two New Challenges

I've been finishing challenges regularly these days and only have a couple on the go right now, so thought it was time to join a few more.

The Christopher Moore Challenge (runs July 1, 2008 to Apr. 1, 2009)
ten months to read Moore's 10 books
I've already read 4 books by Moore so my list of the remaining six is:

The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove
Bloodsucking Fiends
You Suck (sequel to above)
Coyote Blue
Island of the Sequined Love Nun
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
and just in case it comes out early in the year his new forthcoming book is
Fool (expected to be published in 2009)

Book Awards II Challenge (Aug. 1 2008 - June 1 2009)
read 10 award winning books but must include at least 5 different awards

I will not be making a list this time. I had a lot of fun last time reading a book and then googling to find out if it had won any awards and it was amazing how books I read that have won awards, even local ones which are kind of fun to found out about. Since I am participating in the Man Booker project and the Newbery Project those will definitely be represented in my list.

Comments

Popular Posts