Reading Challenges and Plans

OK, I've been thinking of getting my reading challenges all together in one place and figuring out some kind of plan but have been putting it off. Then I saw Chris has his act together with a reading list and a plan so that has jumpstarted me into getting my own stuff sorted out.

November Reading
Eye of the Crow (currently reading, canadian book) (review here)
The Night Wanderer (due date looming, canadian book) (DNF)

Kanada (ILL with due date looming, canadian book) (review here)
Interworld (from the stacks, seconds) (review here)
Brighty of Grand Canyon (from the stacks, four-legged friends) (review here)
any award winner (book awards) - double duty for Brighty


If I can read the above this month I will be right on track, even a little bit ahead of the game.

I think I' might just make myself a reading list like this at the beginning of every month.



Seconds Challenge - 3 books by Dec. 31, 2007
2/3 - 2 months left
**read a book a month**

1) The Bluest Eye
2) Interworld (review here)

From the Stacks Challenge - 5 books by Jan. 30, 2008
3/5 - 3 months
**read 5 books in 3 months**

1) Brighty of Grand Canyon (review here)
2) The Bluest Eye
3) Salem's Lot (review here)
4) Friend of the Devil (review here)
5) Interworld (review here)

Four-Legged Friends Challenge - 5 books by Feb. 26, 2008
3/5 - 3 1/2 months left
**read a book a month**
1) Silverwing
2) Brighty of the Grand Canyon (review here)
3) Swamp Cat

Series Challenge - work on reading series already started Dec. - May, 2008
no specific number of books
** combine with Cardathon ?? **

Book Awards Challenge - 12 books by June 30, 2008
8/12 - 8 months left
choosing books as I go along since I totally ditched my start up list
** read a book a month**

Canadian Book Challenge - 13 books by July 1, 2008
6/13 - 8 months left
Choosing books as I go along
**read a book a month**

First in a Series Challenge - 12 books Jan. - Dec. 2008
0/12
**read a book a month**

Choosing from this list:
Fallen into the Pit
A Morbid Taste for Bones
The Bone Collector
Storm Front
The Tale of Hill Top Farm
Daughter of the Blood
The Wolves of Willoughby Chase
Village School
Destiny
Postmortem
Dead Until Dark
Bitten
Last Bus to Woodstock
Except the Dying
House Report
Guilty Pleasures
The Field Guide
The Eyre Affair
Final Jeapordy
Queen Lucia

YA Challenge - 12 books Jan. - Dec, 2008
0/12
**read a book a month**

The Serpent's Spell by Rae Bridgman
Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
The Aquanauts by John Lunn
Megiddo's Shadow by Arthur Slade
The Serpent's Egg by J. Fitzgerald McCurdy
Porcupine by Meg Tilly
Rex Zero and the End of the World by Tim Wynne-Jones
Johnny Kellock Died Today by Hadley Dyer
Up to Low by Brian Doyle
The Droughtlanders by Carrie Mac
The Canning Season by Polly Horvath
Airborn by Kenneth Oppel

Cardathon Challenge - read Orson Scott Card books from Jan - Dec, 2008
no specific number of books
**try to read a book a month**

1) finish the Enderverse books
2) finish the Alvin Maker series

Newbery Project - ongoing, no due date
1 book read
** try to read a book each month or two**

Comments

  1. I am so impressed with you and Chris for getting so organized. I'm totally going to steal this idea, since my challenge lists are getting way out of control! Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts