120. The Apprentice

The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen
Second in the Jane Rizzoli series


Pages: 344
Finished: Nov. 27, 2007
Reason for Reading: next in the series.
First Published: 2002
Genre: thriller
Rating: 4/5

First Sentence:

Today I watched a man die.


Comments: A serial killer is on the loose and he is preying on couples asleep in their beds. Jane Rizzoli is on the case and she notices a similarity with the killer from the first book. This was a fabulous thriller. Not as gruesome as the first but still very chilling. I was not fond of Rizzoli in the first book but she has developed and become a much more intricate (and likable) character. Gerritsen has a knack for writing unique killers and I was fascinated. I'll definitely continue reading this series.

Comments

  1. Guess I'm going to have to move to the second book now!! I liked The Surgeon. Yeah, Rizzoli kind of grated on my nerves a bit. Sounds like a better book!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts