#89. Enter a Murderer

Enter a Murderer by Ngaio Marsh
Second in the Inspector Roderick Alleyn mysteries


Pages: 255
Finished: Oct. 5, 2007
Reason for Reading: next in the series
First Published: 1935
Genre: cozy mystery
Rating: 2/5



First Sentence:

On May 25th Arthur Surbonadier, whose real name was Arthur Simes, went to visit his uncle, Jacob Saint, whose real name was Jacob Simes.



Comments: Ugh! I've read about 6 other books in this series and enjoyed them all. This was a big disappointment. Incredibly boring and long-winded. I really look forward to the characterization in these books but this time they were very poorly described and everyone seemed to be the same character. It was very difficult to differentiate one from the other. Needless to say I gave up caring whodunit, and thirty pages from the end I started skimming to get it over with. I really like Marsh but I recommend skipping this one.

Comments

Popular Posts