#79. The Capture

The Capture by Kathryn Lasky
First in the Guardians of Ga'Hoole


Pages: 219
Finished: Sept. 20, 2007
Reason for Reading: read this for the Four-Legged Friends Challenge
First Published: 2003
Genre: children's, animal fantasy
Rating: 4/5

First Sentence:

Noctus, can you spare a bit more down, darling?


Comments: I haven't really heard much about this series and thrifted the book this summer because I loved the cover. Needless to say, I didn't know what to expect when I started this book. Soren, a hatchling, has been kidnapped and taken to a place where evil owls are turning the young into workers and slaves. Soren makes a friend and together they must find a way to escape.

This was a beautiful story with wonderful characters. I love little Digger, whom we meet near the end. This is a struggle of good vs.evil, a story of friendship, and a tale of rising up against those who want to keep you down. Even though this is an animal fantasy with talking animals, the author has kept the owls very real and much about the life of owls in general is learnt along the way. This is a series I must keep reading!

Comments

  1. I hadn't heard much about these books either. But when I was finishing up my Christmas shopping last year (in B&N - cause everyone gets some sort of book!), I saw a box set of the first 4 in this series. So I bought them for my son. He really liked them. I should pull it off his self and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with these, but I love the cover, too. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter loves this series! But I've never read them myself, but perhaps I should one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts