#64. Secret Seven Adventure

Secret Seven Adventure by Enid Blyton
Second in the Secret Seven series

Pages: 96
Finished: Aug. 26, 2007
Reason for Reading: read aloud to my 7yo
First Published: 1950
Genre: children's mystery
Rating: 4/5

First Sentence:


The Secret Seven Society was having its usual weekly meeting.



Comments: A pearl necklace has been stolen and the Secret Seven realize they saw the thief making his getaway through the bushes. They decide to track down the thief and their adventure takes them to the circus. My 7yo really enjoyed this mystery. The circus theme was lots of fun and he was on the edge of seat whenever the Secret Seven found themselves in danger. I enjoyed reading it and I can understand why I loved this series so much as a child. I do find myself editing some of the old-fashioned British words so the 7yo will understand better. ie: flashlight for torch, radio for wireless. Recommended.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts