#63. The Tarantula in My Purse and 172 Other Wild Pets by Jean Craighead George

The Tarantula in My Purse and 172 Other Wild Pets by Jean Craighead George

Pages: 134
Finished: Aug. 24, 2007
Reason for Reading: Read aloud to my 7yo
First Published: 1996
Genre: children, non-fiction, memoir
Rating: 3/5

First Sentence:


My children, Twig, Craig, and Luke, were the third generation of Craighead children who brought home wild birds and beasts to have and to contemplate.


Recommend: I don't think I would recommend this book, I'm sure there must be a better nature book out there than this one. That said, this wasn't bad, just rather ho-hum. Most of the humour went over my 7yo's head and there were quite a few parts where he zoned out. But on the other hand there were some parts that we enjoyed, that were funny and interesting. The majority of the tales take place in New York state and since we live in the neighbouring province of Ontario the wildlife discussed is native here also. The 7yo is quite excited when he sees crows now, and calls out "Look Mum, there's Crowbar!"

Comments

Popular Posts