The New Reading Pile

I went to the library this morning and replenished my reading pile.

I have been on a self-imposed fantasy ban this year. I'm a big fantasy fan and for the last couple of years I've read almost nothing but fantasy, sci-fi, and other derivitives but I found myself at a point where I needed a break. But this last month I have been yearning for my fantasy and especially YA. Sooo, I had fun in the children's library this morning and brought these home:

Lady Friday by Garth Nix
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Twilight by Stephenie Myer
Pure Dead Magic by Debi Gliori
At the Crossing-Places by Kevin Crossley-Holland

Then back over the Adult section for the next Kathy Reichs and a graphic novel Rex Mundi.

Then we popped into the Sally Ann this afternoon and they had a 3 for 1 sale on paperbacks sooo I came home with 2 bags of books. I'll make a list of what I came home with in my next post.

Comments

  1. I love YA books, too! And books for younger kids. I had a similar burnout with mysteries a couple years ago and mostly stopped reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore YA books. My reading seems to come in spells, though. I'll be really into one genre for a while, and then once I burn out, I'll switch to another.

    Twilight was really good! I highly recommend Meyer's books. I didn't think A Great and Terrible Beauty lived up to its hype, but a lot of people seemed to have really loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts