Garage Sale Saturday

Well, went book shopping again this Saturday, this time we went to a bunch of garage sales. I ended up with a nice stack of books:

The Great Ghost Rescue by Eva Ibbotson - I love this author and was thrilled to find this one which I've never read.

Magic by the Lake by Edward Eager
Half-Magic by Edward Eager
The Well-Wishers by Edward Eager - These are to read-aloud to my 7yo. Now I almost have all his books.

The Horse You Came in On by Martha Grimes - I love Richard Jury books!

The Hand of Robin Squires by Joan Clark - This is fabulous Canadian historical fiction for young adults about the mysterious Oak Island treasure. I read this along time ago and will read it again aloud to the 7yo once he's older.

Lost Race of Mars by Robert Silverberg - an old Scholastic paperback with a cheasy cover, I couldn't resist.

I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan - I hate to admit this but I've never read any of her books, this should get me started.

The Seventh Princess by Nick Sullivan - a children's fantasy, looks good.

The Dog Crusoe and His Master by R.M. Ballantyne - very old copy with illustrations, no copyright but has to be early 1900s

Lives of the Saints by Nino Ricci - a Governor General's award winner which I've wanted to read for a while, may read this for the book awards challenge.

A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick - I have looooved every movie based on his work but I've never read him. No excuse now.

Mr. X by Peter Straub - Love Straub, haven't read this one.

The Boggart by Susan Cooper - another favourite author, will re-read this one later to the 7yo when he's older

Bunnicula Strikes Again by James Howe
Howliday Inn by James Howe - these 2 are for the 7yo.

The Capture (The Guardians of Ga'Hoole) by Kathryn Lasky - I'll be reading this soon, it looks really good!

The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie Andrews Edwards - a childhood favourite which I can't wait to read again!

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty MacDonald - another favourite to read-aloud to the 7yo.

Comments

Popular Posts