Bare Bones

Bare Bones by Kathy Reichs

Pages: 306
Finished: July 6, 2007
Reason for Reading: I'm reading my way through Reichs' books.
Rating: 4/5

First Sentence:

As I was packaging what remained of the dead baby, the man I would kill was burning pavement north toward Charlotte.


Recommend: Yes! This was a particularly good entry in the Temperance Brennan series. With a first sentence like that I was hooked and read the first half of the book in one setting. This one will not disappoint fans. More of what you expect from Reichs and there are some interesting developments in Brennan's personal life, too. I was annoyed with the political proselytizing of the last two pages which were totally unnecessary and the reason for my rating of 4.

Comments

  1. I love this show and a friend recommended the books so I will need to look for them next time we are at the used book store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "Deja Dead" by Reichs on my TBR list. I wonder if it is part of the same series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts