Two Nights by Kathy Reichs

Two Nights by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Kathy Reichs' first adult stand-alone which isn't part of the Temperance Brennan series. It was very good. Not a page-turner, but still a book I kept returning to. There are plenty of themes to interest pretty much everyone: terrorists, cults and child abduction. Two stories are running side by side and Reichs lets us think we know how they connect but she's got a twist up her sleeve which will let us in on the big reveal. I really liked the character of Sunday. She's a female PI in a part usually written for male leads in this genre. Troubled as a kid, ex-military, ex-cop, bitter, sarcastic and easy to warm up to as a reader. I had gotten a bit tired of the Tempe books and left off several books back now, so I was really looking forward to this standalone. As I said not a page-turner I gobbled up, but still a very enjoyable read with strong writing, interesting characters and a twisty plot.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts