CreepyPasta

I read a short story every morning with my coffee. I've decided I'm going to start reading a creepypasta some mornings for a change. I pick my stories by researching "Top 10 Creepypasta" lists. This is my ongoing list of stories I read in reverse order so you can always see the newest one added.

6. Penpal by 1000vultures - (next, don't mention it in the comments yet.)

5. Smile Dog by Unknown - This is very good. It has a well-known horror theme of passing on a "meme" to others in this case a demonic picture of a smiling "dog" which will drive the viewers insane. Well-written compared to the other creepypasta I've read so far and a satisfying story. I had of ourse heard of this one though hadn't read the original. (4/5)

4. The Russian Sleep Experiment by Unknown - I had read a shortened version of this once and discussion about it often comes up on "macabre" sites I read accompanied by a weird picture. This is the original story and I loved parts of it, though overall, the ending is a letdown and it does have writting, grammar and logic issues. What I liked is the whole experiment theme, the historical setting, and the vivid description of the gross parts. A very creepy tale but not scary. (4/5)

3) Jeff the Killer by "killerjeff" - This is another one which is based on an image that first went viral. I couldn't enjoy this at all as the writing is atrocious. Misused words, grammatical errors, and just plain lousy writing. What is "a thing of bleach"? The character took on an internet cult following, though, for some strange reason, and other stories based on the character have been written. (1/5)

2) Candle Cove by Kris Straub - I loved this one. Quite creepy and very suspenseful. I love the format. Written as a series of responses on a forum, it starts with a guy asking if anyone remember's a kids' show from the '70s called "Candle Cove". Fun! (4/5)

1) The Expressionless by Unknown - A very short and creepy story. I'd not heard it before though I've seen the photo it is based on many times. The story is pretty good but the picture itself is much more creepy and disturbing even when you know the truth behind it. (3/5)








Comments

Popular Posts