Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow

Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Little Golden Books


What a lovely picture book for grown-ups! If you love Little Golden Books and they make you feel all nostalgic and warm and fuzzy inside this is the book for you. A beautiful picture book, where each page is taken from an LGB from the 40s-60s with one each from the 70s and 80s. Some of my favourite artists are here: Eloise Wilkin, Garth Williams, Tibor Gergely and Gustaf Tenggren. There's also plenty of Richard Scarry and Corrine Malvern, plus an illustrator I hadn't been familiar with whose pictures I now adore: Retta Worcester. I'm only skimming the top of the cream with the illustrators I mention, there are plenty more. The words make up a little story, for grown-ups, about Christmas, which is sweet and made me go "Awe" at the end. Of course, you can share the book with your child friends, but they may not find the illustrations as adorable as you do and you may want to skip some of the text aimed at the adult such as " And let's not even think about the hassles of holiday travel. the excess! The expense!" or "Why not put the kids' energy to good use?" I collect Little Golden Books and this one is a keeper for me. I'm definitely getting the Valentine's one coming out and need to get the first one put out earlier this year. Beautiful book with glossy, high quality pages.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts