The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon

Testing to see if the "Blog This Review" button from Goodreads works.


The Winter PeopleThe Winter People by Jennifer McMahon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I've only read Dismantled by McMahon and have been anxious to read another book so was excited to sit down with her latest. The Winter People is a book I wanted to like more than I actually did. I kept reading hoping for something elusive that just didn't happen for me. Oh, it was a quick read. A unique paranormal horror story. Perhaps ghost story in a way, though some people are labelling it as zombie. It doesn't really fall in either category and yet it combines both together in a way that should appeal to fans of either genre. However, it is very supernatural, otherworldly and sometimes I just found people's acceptance of what was happening a bit too unrealistic. I felt the people should have been harder to convince and I was very disappointed with the ending. I don't think a girl that age would accept her fate so complacently. However, I did read the book very quickly so it certainly kept me entertained. I always enjoy stories told from different character points of view and/or that switch from past to present. Usually I enjoy the past story more but this time I found myself more interested in the two present stories and how they would end up connecting to each other even after the relation to the past had been planted. Decent spooky story with a living-dead theme.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts