273. Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 by Kiiro Yumi

Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 by Kiiro Yumi (Canada) - (US)
Library Wars, Vol. 6

Pages: 200
Ages: 16+
Finished: Dec. 14, 2011
First Published: 2010 Japanese, Sep. 6, 2011 English
Publisher: viz media
Genre: YA, manga, graphic novel, science fiction, romance
Rating: 3/5


First sentence:

Rumour has it that acting director Toba will be reassigned.

Acquired: Received a review copy from Simon & Schuster Canada.

Reason for Reading: next in the series.

Volume six mostly continues on in an expected manner.  Iku and Dojo are continuing there quarrelsome infighting with each other which is starting to get on my nerves; I know it is the whole point of these types of relationships but I'd really like to see them become honest with each other soon.  Iku isn't hiding her feelings any more but Dojo still is and his rudeness has gone up a level in this volume with his anger fits at Iku and his constant use of the name "blockhead" for her :-(  On the other hand, we have a very interesting chapter which focuses on Shibazaki, exposing her background and revealing some surprise information about her past and what she is really like (on the inside).  We also learn some interesting information about Hikaru and meet a new character who may just turn out to be a new recurring character.  I particularly liked the Bonus Material which included a short story about our characters which added to our knowledge of them as viable people (and had an innocently fun Iku and Dojo bath scene... awe!).  Then had a couple of hilarious shorts.  A fun entry in the series, but I'm waiting for some more excitement on the sci-fi level of the plot and for I & D's relationship to turn serious or at least open and honest in the next volumes.

Comments

  1. I read the first one in this series a few months ago but never continued. I'll be curious to read your thoughts as you progress. Maybe I'll try #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first "shojo" series I've read; it's not usually my cup of tea but I'm really enjoying this one. Some volumes are better than others but it's both funny and an interesting plot with the library "soldiers" and whole book banning theme.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts