2012 Picture Book Reading Challenge

An Abundance of Books is hosting this challenge and I'm always reading picture books. My son is growing out of them now, though he still does enjoy a well told picture book an I have to admit I read them for my own pure enjoyment half the time. I have quite a few picture books on my lists for this year plus the ones on the shelves so I should have no problem signing up for the top Level which is to read 24 books over the year.

Post Reviews:
Books I've Read:

1. It's A Snap! George Eastman's First Photograph by Monica Kulling
2. Out of Slavery: The Journey to Amazing Grace by Linda Granfield
3. Irena's Jars of Secrets by Marcia Vaughan
4. Brundibar by Tony Kushner & Maurice Sendak
5. Silver Threads by Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch
6. One Moon, Two Cats by Laura Godwin
7. The Hedgehog Boy by Jane Langton
8. The Beatles Yellow Submarine adapted by Charlie Gardner
9. The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce
10. The King's Taster by Kenneth Oppel
11. Peg and the Yeti by Kenneth Oppel
12. Peg and the Whale by Kenneth Oppel
13. What Make's Day and Night by Franklyn M. Branley
14. The Three Robbers by Tomi Ungerer
15. Anna`s Red Sled by Patricia Quinlan
16. Nightsong by Ari Berk
17. Batula by Steaven T. Seagle
18. Laura Secord: A Story of Courage by Janet Lunn
19. Going Up! Elisha Otis's Trip to the Top by Monica Kulling
20. Santa Claus Around the World by Lisl Weil
21.
22.
23.
24.

Comments

  1. So glad you could join the challenge, Nicola. Even though your son is growing out of picture books I still find my 3rd-5th graders enjoy them as an occasional read aloud - especially some of the more sophisticated books.

    I look forward to reading your posts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts