Welcome

A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.


I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monday: Books in the Mail (on Tuesday)

Hey Folks, A day late today and I'm going to make this one a quickie (ie. no pics) as today, make that this weekend, has been a doozy! But I don't want to miss out on my weekly post.

Just a few books came in last week. I got:

For review from Scholastic Canada:

Trackers Book 2: Shantrorian by Patrick Carman
Bone: Quest for the Spark, Book One by Tom Sniegoski

I received a big order of gifts from amazon and, of course, I didn't think it would hurt to include just one little book for me while I was at it. So everything got put into the closet ready to wrap but I got to keep this for myself:

Jack of Fables #7: The New Adventures of Jack and Jack by Bill Willingham

And finally I won a really cool gift from Andrews McMeel Publishing. I'm sure the prize was for three of their new Pocket Posh Puzzle books , but I received five and they are gorgeous with textured boards, one is even flocked! and elastics to keep the books closed. I got crosswords, brain games, codewords and two sudoku books. I'll see if I can find a picture of them. Here they all are on the publisher's website! These would make perfect gifts for the stylish person in your life who has it all and is also a puzzle fan from regular crosswords to sudoku to Jane Austen themed puzzles! I love mine. Thanks for the cool win!

2 comments: