A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.

I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Life According to Literature

A fun meme, I swiped from read_warbler.

Using only books you have read this year (2009), answer these questions. Try not to repeat a book title. It's a lot harder than you think!

Describe yourself: Anything But Typical - Nora Raleigh Baskin

How do you feel: Undone - Karin Slaughter

Describe where you currently live: Where the Sidewalk Ends - Shel Silverstein

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: The Lost City of Z - David Grann

Your favorite form of transportation: The Dragons of Ordinary Farm - Tad Williams

Your best friend is: The Redeemer - Jo Nesbo

You and your friends are: Angels of Destruction - Keith Donohue

What's the weather like: Relentless - Dean Koontz

You fear: The Meanest Doll in the World - Ann M. Martin

What is the best advice you have to give: Believing in Jesus - Leonard Foley

Thought for the day: Don't Call Me a Crook! - Bob Moore

How I would like to die: Meeting Jesus in Holy Communion - Roger Marchand

My soul's present condition: Wanting - Richard Flanagan


  1. I like your answers, especially 'Undone' because that's me too sometimes.

    I'll have to look up that Keith Donohue book - I loved The Stolen Child.

  2. I did this meme for myself. I like your answers. I like mine too.