Welcome

A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. These are the ramblings of the books I read.

I sometimes go through stages of "genre love", I'm addicted to mystery thrillers, Catholic theology, memoirs, 20th century Chinese historical fiction & Victorian fiction, and nonfiction; but you'll find I read an even wider variety of books than that. I have a teensy fascination with macabre non-fiction books about death and anything about insane asylums.

I also tend to post a lot of reviews of juvenile/teen books, with a nod towards what parents can expect to find that might or might not be objectionable.

I also blog about graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday: ARCs in the Mail

Last week was fruitful for my mailbox. A small but steady stream of books arrived through the week keeping me happy. All books received were for review purposes, therefore broadly termed arcs and included in the arc pile. I received a total of 6 books in the mail and read and reviewed 5 books last week making my arc pile a total of 1 book bigger. Nothing I can't handle, especially since 2 of these books are less than 100 pages and will hardly take any time to read at all.

One interesting thing has happened though. I do not have anymore non-fiction review books on hand. Seems I read them all and as far as I can remember I don't have any coming my way. Of course, I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure I don't have any memoirs on request for a start. So I am actually reading non-fiction from my own shelves at the moment!

Now on to last weeks book arrivals: