This was a challenge that runs for the entire year (so there's still time to join!) and the goal was to read 12 Young Adult books. I'm actually surprised it took me this long into the year to finish this challenge as I usually read a lot of YA books, but I found a lot of my reading of books that would qualify for this challenge were actually more middle school or just plain children's books so I didn't include them in the list. I tried to make sure the books I listed here were truly books that teens would enjoy. The challenge was hosted over at J. Kaye's Book Blog and she knows how to run a smooth and seamless challenge!
1. Laika by Nick Abadzis
2. Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner
3. Wake by Lisa McMann
4. Fade by Lisa McMann
5. Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
6. Alligator Bayou by Donna Jo Napoli
7. The Mysterious Edge of the Heroic World by e.l. konigsburg
8. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
9. The Third Eye by Mahtab Narsimhan
10. Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter by R.J. Anderson
11. Starfinder by John Marco
12. Anything but Typical by Noral Raleigh Baskin
It's easy enough to find the book I least enjoyed that would be Laika but choosing my favourite from this list is extremely difficult and I just can't do it! Of course The Forest of Hands and Teeth was brilliant but then so was Wake and then Fade was even better, but then I can forget Spell Hunter, oh, and I couldn't possibly not mention Once Dead, Twice Shy and then .... the rest were all very good, and all my favourite at any given moment. LOL
Great challenge! I'll be there next year!