33. Shadow of the Hegemon

Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card
Shadow Saga Book 2 (Enderverse Book 6)


Pages: 365
Finished: Feb. 14, 2008
Reason for Reading: next in series, series challenge, cardathon.
First Published: 2000
Genre: science fiction
Rating: 4/5

First Sentence:

Nothing looked right in Armenia when Petra Arkanian returned home.


Comments: This book starts right after Ender's Shadow, the Formic War is over and the Battle School children have been sent back to their homes on earth. Earth is in a political turmoil, however, and the children are in danger. Shortly after arriving home all the members of Ender's Dragon Army are kidnapped, except one, who escapes. Bean. Bean and Peter Wiggin turn to each other for help. Bean wants to rescue his friends, especially Petra, and Peter wants to rule the world as Hegemon.

It has been a couple of years since I read the previous books in this series and, wow, I had forgotten just how great these books are. It is like meeting up with old friends reading about these characters again. Bean has always been my favourite and his secrets are revealed in this book. There is a lot of political and military strategizing in the story which I do not have a head for, but Card has a way of writing which kept me interested through those parts. An incredibly involved plot with lots of action and fabulous characters.

Comments

  1. I absolutely loved "Ender's Game" and bought "Ender's Shadow" and "Shadow of the Dead." Sounds like the rest of the series is just as good. thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaker for the Dead is amazing! I think you'll love it. I can't wait to read the next few books and then I think I'll go back and re-read Ender's Game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts