Four-Legged Friends Wrap Up

This week I finished another of my challenges: the Four-Legged Friends Challenge hosted by Kailana.

1. The Capture by Kathryn Lasky(Owls)
2. Into the Wild by Erin Hunter(Cats)
3. Brighty of the Grand Canyon by Marguerite Henry(Burro)
4. Silverwing by Kenneth Oppel(Bats)
5. Swamp Cat by Jim Kjelgaard (Cat)

The books in my original list are the ones I read. I really enjoyed this challenge. Animal fantasy is one of my favourite genres but I did include a few real-life animal stories in my list too. #1 and #2 above are both series I had wanted to try for a while and I'm definitely in for the long haul with both of them. Even though I wasn't too fond of #2, I've since read the sequel and loved it. #3 was a re-read from my childhood. #4 is one I've wanted to read since it was published and finally can cross it off my list; I already have the sequel sitting on my bedside table. And finally #5, was a treasure I found at a book sale; I will always be a big fan of Kjelgaard.

Great challenge! If another animal-themed challenge is ever going I'll be sure to join.

Comments

Popular Posts