Welcome

A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.


I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

December Reading List

Last month I set up this little reading list to help me stay on track with my challenges reading. I refered to it all month and have decided to keep making a list like this every month. Here is my list of what I must read in December to keep up with my challenges


1) The Bluest Eye (Seconds, From the Stacks) review here
2) Silverwing (Four-Legged Friends, Book Awards, Canadian) review here
3) Yellowknife (Canadian) didn't get to. #2 above qualifies for Canadian
4) Holes (Newbery Project) review here
5) Lirael (GRTB, Series Challenge) review here

Here is where I stand with my challenges.

Seconds Challenge - 3 books by Dec. 31, 2007
2/3 - 1 month left
**read last book**

1) The Bluest Eye

From the Stacks Challenge - 5 books by Jan. 30, 2008
4/5 - 2 months
**read last book**

1) The Bluest Eye

Four-Legged Friends Challenge - 5 books by Feb. 26, 2008
3/5 - 3 months left
**read a book a month**
1) Silverwing
2) Swamp Cat

Series Challenge - work on reading series already started Dec. - May, 2008
no specific number of books
** will start working on finishing series already started **

Book Awards Challenge - 12 books by June 30, 2008
8/12 - 7 months left
choosing books as I go along since I totally ditched my start up list
** read a book a month**

Canadian Book Challenge - 13 books by July 1, 2008
6/13 - 7 months left
Choosing books as I go along
**read a book a month**

Go Review That Book Game on LibraryThing
**try to participate each month**
ie, read a book a month

Newbery Project - ongoing, no due date
my progress list is here
** try to read a book at least every other month**

Stephen King Project - personal challenge
(re)read all King's works in chronological order
next up is Rage.
**try to read one at least every other month**

Challenges That Haven't Started Yet

First in a Series Challenge - 12 books Jan. - Dec. 2008
0/12
choosing from this list
**read a book a month**

YA Challenge - 12 books Jan. - Dec, 2008
0/12
my list is here
**read a book a month**

Cardathon Challenge - read Orson Scott Card books from Jan - Dec, 2008
no specific number of books
my progress list is here
**try to read at least 6 books**

4 comments:

  1. Sheesh! You get a gold star for being an Oraganization Queen with this post!! I'm afraid to break down my reading lists by challenges. If I do, I'll just see how far behind I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Well, it was mostly just cut n paste from last month's list but I am a very list-centered type of person. I just love crossing something off a list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aren't lists grand?

    I think part of the appeal of the book challenges is making the lists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree raidergirl! When I decide to join a challenge I get giddy at the thought of making up the list.

    ReplyDelete