15. Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes


Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


If you're looking for a disturbing serial killer novel, you've just found it! After reading the publisher's synopsis which describes the first murder I knew I was so going to read this, and it didn't hurt that Stephen King recommends it. Several murders follow and each gets worse. There is a small paranormal element to the case which is left mostly for the reader to decide what's what. But I felt that element took the book from crime fiction to horror easily. This is my first book by Beukes and I found it a page-turner. Not exactly a short book, I did read it quickly having a hard time putting it down. I loved all the characters and found them to be well-developed, even minor characters. I'll be looking at her other books from here.


Comments

Popular Posts