Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann

Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was very excited to read Grann's latest book. I love his first "The Lost City of Z" and then his book of essays proved to me I would enjoy reading anything the author writes. Indeed, "Killers of the Flower Moon" is highly readable. Unfortunately, it didn't meet my high expectations. The topic just didn't wow me. Yes, it was interesting and one I'd not known anything about before. My problem is that the book was more about the Osage than "the Birth of the FBI" as the subtitle had indicated. I'm interested in any good crime story from the past and on this the book delivered. Grann writes beautifully crisp, clear and concise while being entertaining. However, I enjoyed the FBI parts of the story most, and there just wasn't enough from that angle as opposed to the Native history angle. I'd recommend this book mostly to those interested in Native-American history.


Comments

Popular Posts