The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone

The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a page turner for me. A cross between horror and apocalyptic fiction, it had me hooked from the beginning. I really enjoyed the writing style. Told from many different points of view there are no real main characters until around page 75. It starts with the narrative shifting from an international setting (China, Peru, India, etc) to various places in the US. Back and forth from place to place and person to person, eventually the crisis is defined and we return to the States and the main characters emerge. I didn't find it scary and it's not really violent either but the topic is certainly freaky. It's fun to read an eotwawki that doesn't feature zombies or plagues for a change. Great characters enhance the plot and the only con I have is that the book doesn't have a finite ending. Instead, we are left with impending doom. Fortunately, the sequel has just come out!


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts