The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney

The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I loved this book! It's a psychological thriller which threw two twists at me leaving me feeling unsettled at all times. Key words here, "Never assume". It is a page-turning read as the chapters are all only a few pages long each. My favourite narrative voice is used where each chapter alternates between two women: Emma (Then) and Jane (Now). This was done in a unique way though, instead of just switching from the past to present the story is chronological from start to finish as the two women experience the same sort of event. This is very well done and increases the overall pace. It is a story of mystery and murder and most especially of people not being who they appear to be. A great fast thriller which will keep you on your toes.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts