In the Company of Wolves: Thinning the Herd by James Michael Larranaga

In the Company of Wolves: Thinning the Herd by James Michael Larranaga
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kindle Edition, 282 pages
Published October 10th 2013 by CreateSpace
Source: egalley via netgalley

In the Company of Wolves (#1)


Very good. I didn't have much idea what it was about as I went into it and at first thought it would prove to be about big business corruption, which I don't usually read. However, at approx 24% a lot of things were starting to happen: murder, undercover work taking place within a brokerage which buys out life insurance policies. Quin is a very intriguing character with many flaws and yet philosophical. He has mental health issues, several really, and we find out he's an unreliable narrator. In fact, a lot of the time it seemed as if everybody was double dealing or spies on the inside so the reader couldn't know what to believe. There are some loose threads and plot holes but the action sped along at top speed creating an uncertain ending in which we must read the next book to learn more. I'd really like to follow Quin into the next chapter of his life so I've just bought the reasonably priced sequel.



Comments

  1. I dont like it when a book has to lead to another one to know what will happen. Who knows how and when and where I'll get the sequel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts