Welcome

A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.


I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Monday, February 8, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #5


This meme is held over on Book Date's blog and here we talk about what we are Currently Reading, What we read/posted the last week and what we plan on reading next week. I won't be posting what's coming up; you can get an idea by looking in my sidebars. 

What I am Currently Reading


Fiction:

I'll be finished this shocking little crime drama before this blog even posts today but I want to write this before finishing the final chapters.  I have no idea what I'm going to read next. It will be a print book so I'll grab my pile and spend a while choosing.


Non-Fiction
I'm coming into the home stretch with this one. I've hit the 80s where Jimmy Lee's hard-living ways have ended his career and nearly his life, Jimmy Swaggart's career is about to hit the fan, and finally, Mickey will reach superstardom.




















Manga/Graphic Novel






I always have a short story collection going as I read one short story every morning with my cup of coffee. My current collection is:

Tales of Court and Castle by Joan Bodger



What I Finished Reading and/or Posted This Week



Manga/Graphic Novels



4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your reads and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great books there, none of which I've heard of! Always glad to see another short story collection fan, I love picking a story to read every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great looking reads this week! I haven't heard of some of them, but I love learning of new books! Thanks for sharing :)
    Happy Reading!
    Punkie @Fluttering Hearts Reviews
    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I often have a book I am finishing as I post. And I often schedule as I am nervous the internet might go down at a vital time! Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete