Maximum Insecurity: A Doctor in the Supermax by William Wright & Miracleville by Monique Polak

I've been sick this weekend and just reading and don't feel like writing so just a couple of posts with mini-reviews to both my blogs today.


Maximum Insecurity: A Doctor in the Supermax by William Wright, MD
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Mini Review - Enjoyed the first half with anecdotes of patients and the author's black humour. Second half became more of a diatribe on his dislike for bureaucracy and "bleeding heart liberals" and he had a bit of a holier than thou attitude that made me roll my eyes more than several times.











Miracleville by Monique Polak
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Mini Review - Lovely story. Very Catholic, well done. About a teen girl going through the usual questioning of her faith. Set in the pilgrimage town of St. Anne de Beaupre, Quebec. The family has a mother and eldest daughter who have the Faith and the father and youngest daughter who do not. I had a few issues with the theology but regardless for a secular book it presented the Faith and faithful in a moving story. I quite liked this. Read it in one sitting.



Comments

Popular Posts