Pretty Is by Maggie Mitchell

Pretty Is by Maggie Mitchell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 320 pages
Published July 7th 2015 by Henry Holt and Co.
Source: review copy from the publisher


I wanted to like this book, except the idea of the plot is much more exciting than the execution. It starts off promising enough with a reveal from the past promised and a present day thriller forming. However, I found the plotlines dropped prematurely and I eventually became tired with them. The book-within-a-book episode is simply a blocked off section in the middle and while I enjoyed that part, that's also where the promise of any further excitement left. The rest of the book was predictable and decidedly not thrilling. It was readable though and I stuck with it to see the characters through to the end still I was underwhelmed by the conclusion.



Comments

Popular Posts