Hamlet: Retold in Modern-day English by Timothy Knapman

Hamlet: Retold in Modern-day English by Timothy Knapman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 48 pages
Published May 1st 2015 by QEB Publishing

Tales from Shakespeare

Hamlet is my favourite Shakespeare and I read pretty much every retelling I find. I really enjoyed this one, the author is faithful to the story including all the plot points even to minor details. I couldn't think of anything he missed. The author also lets the reader know from the start that Hamlet is playing at being mad to give the story a finite plot and not leave us with the questioning and debate the original play does. I agree with this opinion so am satisfied with the portrayal. So much happens in Hamlet that being a faithful adaptation of only 50 pages this is an action-packed story with little character development except for Hamlet himself. Aimed at younger readers, the book is suitable for all ages from middle school to those studying the novel to adults who would like to get to know Shakespeare but are too daunted to read the original plays. I like this series and will be reading a few more!




Comments

Popular Posts