Mid-Year Favourites Jan-Jun 2014: Children's Books

Now that we are in the middle of the year I thought I'd gather together my favourites so far for the year from Jan to June 2014.  Since I read soooo many books I've divided them up into categories and am keeping track of them that way.  So far I've done nonfiction (Adult/Juvenile) and fiction (Adult/YA) . Today I will do my favourite children's books which I have divided into two groups Juvenile Novels and Picture Books/Easy Readers.  Next time I will post my last list of favourite short story collections and a few books that defy categories.

I've read 20 Juvenile novels from Jan-Jun 2014 and these are the ones I've rated a full 5/5. Since there are only three these are easily put in order.

1. The Boy on the Porch by Sharon Creech (5/5)
2. The Sword in the Tree by Clyde Robert Bulla (5/5)
3. The Sandman and the War of Dreams by William Joyce (5/5)


I've read 27 Children's Picture Books & Easy Readsers from Jan-Jun 2014 and these are the ones I've rated a full 5/5. 
Listed in no particular order EXCEPT the first two were my favourites.

1. Harley by Star Livingstone (5/5)
2. Tweedles Go Electric by Monica Kulling (5/5)
3. Tommy O'Toole and the Forest Fire by Anna D. Cordts (5/5)
4. My Best Sweet Potato by Rainy Dohaney (5/5)
5. The Mischievians by William Joyce (5/5)
6. The Good, the Bad, and the Monkeys by Scott Sonneborn (5/5)
7. Goat on a Boat by John Sazaklis (5/5)
8. Andy Also by Maxwell Eaton III (5/5)


Comments

Popular Posts